CWC Affiliated Groups
The Catholic Women’s Council (CWC) is a global umbrella group of Roman Catholic networks working for the full recognition of the dignity and equality of women in the Church.
Affiliated organisations have different thematic priorities and use appropriate means in their daily work to achieve this. All agree that the same rights and dignity of women must be recognised both in the current structure of the Roman Catholic Church and in its daily practice While our affiliated groups share a similar vision, we respect the fact that different groups have different perspectives on what this might mean. With regard to questions of ordination, whether to the priesthood or the diaconate, CWC as a whole does not endorse any single position but rather seeks to bring people together in a spirit of informed, honest and inclusive dialogue within which we can explore these and other issues as we seek to discern what the Holy Spirit is calling us to.
CWC was first formed in Stuttgart in November 2019, when Catholic women’s associations, initiatives, women religious orders and church bodies from Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland came together to network on a united position of women in the Church for the very first time. In January 2020, this network became global as an umbrella group. We extend the invitation to other groups to join this coalition.
We invite all Roman Catholic associations, initiatives, networks, religious orders and ecclesiastical institutions to participate in the CWC if they agree and comply with the terms and conditions below and commit themselves to respect the values we profess, as well as to organize “pilgrimage” activities.
To join the CWC your group must agree:
- To participate in the pilgrimage to Rome with measures/actions appropriate to your culture and context and cooperate with the other members
- To announce on your group’s website and on social media that they are part of the CWC
- To share the events and actions organised by other CWC affiliated groups on their website and on social media
- To use CWC’s logo only to promote activities relevant to the themes of the pilgrimage (i.e. please avoid using the name and logo to promote single issues, however valid).
- To give priority to this pilgrimage project in the coming months by:
- *Organising at least one action during this pilgrimage process (before March 2022)
- * Using the materials provided by CWC (alongside their own materials)
To join, please send the details of your organisation and the dates and details of your pilgrimage initiative to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team will contact you to set up a zoom call to discuss your application.